Monday, July 9, 2018

Philco

After I built the Themyscira-themed picture frame for certain persons to whom I am married, I started thinking about what I could do with a larger-format tablet I've got, larger than an old picture frame or phone, but not so big that the frame won't fit on the be of my printer.

I started looking in particular at old TV sets, notably the Philco Predicta line of the late 50s and early 60s, with their midcentury-modern styling and picture tube separated from the main body of the TV. What I ended up with was this:


The frame is 3d printed, as is the top part of the console, which has a wood veneer facing. The whole thing is attached to a cheap craft store box, which in addition to reproducing the look, more or less, of some Predicta models, provides a necessary counterweight to the 7" tablet. I may print out a few knobs and such to stick on it, but it's kinda fine as is. It is, as with much else on this blog, pointless, but nifty.


No comments:

Post a Comment